Tuesday 27 October 2020

Playing on your phone

 Why is it so easy to stare at your phone for hours on end? A recent study found that texting and social media triggers the release of dopamine in your brain. Dopamine is commonly associated with pleasure, but that isn't why you can't put your phone down. Dopamine plays another important roll. It controls desire. It tells you when you want something and compels you to go get it. This is what pushes you to keep texting, clicking or scrolling. Each time you do, dopamine sends more pleasure signals to the brain. It's a dangerous cycle because the longer you let it go on, the harder it is to break.

Now a days, I feel like I don't know how I get through a day without my phone. In some ways, I am still getting used to having my cell. Picking it up and checking my messages. I believe it is healthy for us to just turn off our cells sometimes and enjoy the freedom we can have without it. How connected are you to your phone? If it was taken away from you or disabled, how would it affect you?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment